Guide to Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck Surgery in Antalya, Turkey
Have too much fat on your abdominal region? Exercise not working in your favour? Then you should consider the tummy tuck treatment, also called the abdominoplasty surgery.
You must get the best surgeon for the abdominoplasty surgery because it requires fat removal and if not done correctly, it can alter your body shape in an undesired way.
Our tummy is a sensitive region and one of the regions that is on display most of the time especially when we are on the beach, in a swimming pool, or just playing sports. It is even more important for women because not only do they want to look petite but also pretty. In the past 10 years, more women have opted for abdominoplasty surgery than men.
Abdominal surgery is specifically designed to remove extra fat and skin from the abdominal region. Our stomach has bags of fat over it. These, if not exercised properly and with excessive intake, can easily turn into flab. The surgery removes this fat and stitches the tissues back to the skin making it look like natural reshaping of the skin.
However, when going for the abdominoplasty, make sure to go for a complete tummy tuck. If you leave the sides as they are and only get it tucked from the front, your shape will stretch from sides as the excessive fat will start to layer on the sides of the body.
Abdominoplasty is major surgery and should be treated as such. If you are looking for some of the best cosmetic surgeons that can do it, then contact us at Mediface. We have certified cosmetic surgeons who have years of experience in performing tummy tuck surgeries.
Book Your Appointment Today
Who Should Not Consider a Tummy Tuck?
Let’s discuss who should go for a Tummy tuck or abdominal surgery and when they should go for it. The tummy tuck surgery is only required when you are not able to remove excess fat from your tummy area with regular exercise, dieting, and an active routine.
In some body types, shedding fat is hard work. That’s why tummy tuck surgery is worth the effort.
- During abdominoplasty surgery, the stomach muscles are tightened and if you plan to get pregnant, then it is better to postpone the surgery for now. The tightened muscles can get separated because of the pregnancy.
- Tummy tuck surgery should only be a last resort. If you just want to lose weight, then tummy tuck surgery is not the option that you should opt for.
- Scars can appear after the abdominoplasty or the tummy tuck surgery so make sure that you talk to your doctor at length about it and get the markings done on areas where scars can appear.
The Right Candidate for Tummy Tuck Surgery
You are the right candidate for tummy tuck or abdominoplasty surgery if you have:
- A clear reason to have the tummy tuck surgery
- You understand the outcomes of the surgery and how it can affect you
- You are aware of the side effects of the abdominoplasty surgery
- You have discussed the treatment at length with your surgeon and he has recommended it as the last resort
- You have already tried other forms of losing weight such as exercises, intensive cardio routines, and diet control but none has worked in your favour
- You are not having any unrealistic goals dependent on the abdominoplasty surgery and aware that it is simply a change in the shape of the body
- You know that scars can occur from the surgery
- You are aware that the surgery can be permanent or not permanent depending on the body.
Things to Note About Abdominoplasty Surgery
Tummy tuck surgery is suitable for both men and women who are in good health. Women who have gone through pregnancy may find the tummy tuck procedure great for tightening their abdominal muscles and reducing skin. A tummy tuck is also a great way for men to look fit if they are not able to control their weight because of some medical reasons. The fat removal procedure can help lose belly weight easily.
Prepare for the Abdominoplasty Surgery in Antalya
The best way to prepare for abdominoplasty surgery is to have the following things ready.
- Loose, comfortable clothing that can be put on and off very easily
- Medical history records, if needed
- Medication and corset will be provided by Mediface
You would want someone to drive you back to your hotel or Mediface Antalya will provide a transfer service after the tummy tuck procedure is complete because you won’t be able to do that by yourself.
Moreover, you would want someone to stay with you the first night because you can experience pain and restriction in movement.
However, if you don’t have anyone with you, you can spend one night at the Mediface clinic where our professional nurses will be at your service. We can also offer to pick and drop from the airport or your hotel if you are coming for abdominoplasty surgery in Antalya from outside the city.
Possible Complications of Tummy Tuck Surgery Antalya
There are possibilities that you will experience pain and swelling in the first few days. Our cosmetic surgeons can prescribe medication that can help relieve pain and burning sensation on your body. Most patients get back to their routine life after a week or two. However, numbness and bruises can take a month to heal. Moreover, you will feel weak, tired, and not ready to work for at least a month. This is perfectly fine and you should keep your things in order before going for the surgery.
Abdominoplasty Surgery In Antalya: Timeline & Program
- The recovery period for the Abdominoplasty surgery can be from one week to 14 days. You will be required to visit the hospital once post-surgery for a checkup.
- The hospital will provide transfer between airport/hotel and the hospital at arrival & departure if you are visiting from outside Antalya, Turkey.
- You are asked to pay for the hospital & Abdominoplasty surgery costs before the surgery.
- Pre-operative tests including blood, sugar, and any other that is necessary for performing the tummy tuck surgery
- You can book an appointment for Abdominoplasty surgery with Mediface today.
Book Your Appointment