Breast Augmentation Surgery – A Complete Guide
To understand the importance of a breast, we can say that it is the most significant physical identification of femininity. Small or large, unequal shape or size, loss due to cancer, or any other reason that leads to undesired breasts for a female, it will have a devastating psychological effect on that individual. To overcome this problem or to get the confidence that I am not inferior to any other woman or I am desired by the men, females undergo the process of Breast Augmentation. The surgery through which the surgeon increases the size of female breasts is commonly termed as Breast Augmentation. It is also known as Boob Job and the medical term for this procedure is augmentation mammoplasty.
Types of Breast Augmentation:
There are two basic types of Breast Augmentation surgery (breast aug).
- Fat Transfer
- Breast Implants
The procedure in which the fat is taken from one part of the patients’ body and then it is used to enhance the size of the breast - the process is known as fat transfer breast augmentation.
Breast Implants can be done by using two different types of materials and on this basis, they are categorized as Saline Breast Implants or Silicone Breast Implants. Sterile salt water (saline) is used to fill the silicone shell that is used during the procedure. Either they are prefilled, or it can be filled during the implant operation. Talking about silicone gel-filled implants, the shells are filled with a plastic gel (silicone). Both are modern-day technologies, but women prefer silicone gel breast implants because they look real and they have a low risk comparing to the Saline breast job which can be leaked.
The Reasons behind Breast Surgery:
There is “No” typical reason, but we figured out the few due to which women consider this type of operation:
- It will enhance the appearance and attractiveness in females by enlarging the size of the breast using fat transplantation or implantation.
- It can also be carried out to reduce the size of a breast that increased more than they should be, mostly after the pregnancy.
- To shape the breasts, make the uneven breasts look similar.
- To improve the self-confidence by giving the desired shape and size of the breasts.
- To build a more symmetrical, aesthetically pleasing breast profile.
- Enhance the natural proportion of the patient.
Best Country for Breast Augmentation Surgery:
The breast enlarging or breast augmentation is a type of cosmetic surgery. It simply means that your insurance company isn’t going to cover your expenses. Considering this, you must look for Low cost, High quality, and efficient surgeons who have years of experience in these types of operations and handled a good number of patients with good results. They can be found in World's most popular country for medical tourism i.e. Turkey.
Breast Augmentation in Turkey is carried out by many clinics in Antalya. The country’s most beautiful city with the largest number of tourists compared to any other city in Turkey. Among hundreds of clinics for breast surgery in Istanbul and Antalya, some of the medical clinics have the facility of breast augmentation in Antalya.
How you prepare:
The first thing is to get in contact with your surgeon so the specialist can ask about your preferences for the feel, size, and appearance of the breasts. After the evaluation of your medical history and current condition of your breasts the surgeon will recommend the best possible surgical technique and the type of Implant that can give you the desired results. You need to tell him your objective from this operation which can be textured or smooth, round or teardrop like breasts.
Consider the following points before going for a final decision,
- It won’t prevent you from sagging. If this is the case and you want to correct sagging breasts, consider Breast lifting as well.
- If you are on routine mammographs then Breast implants will be more complicated, and you need a specialized view.
- There is no guarantee that the breast implant is life-lasting. On average there won’t be any issue till 10 years, but implant rupture is possible. The breast structure will change because of the following factors, age, pregnancy, weight loss, or weight gain. If there is a big change, it is more likely that you will need another surgery.
- Most of the patients didn’t face any problem in breastfeeding after the breast implant but there is a rare chance of facing challenges.
Before the surgery, the doctor will ask for a baseline mammogram. He will advise you for some medication and will stop you from taking some sorts of medications that can increase bleeding such as aspirin. It is best to stop smoking one month before the surgery.
About the procedure for Breast Augmentation Surgery:
The operation will be held at a medical or surgical center and approximately 2 hours will be required for a complete process. You don’t have to stay at the hospital for the night after the operation. A checkup by the surgeon for the success of the operation and then you will be released to go home. Most of the time the surgeon uses general anesthesia; you will be sleeping during the whole time of operation.
The surgery starts with an incision that can be anywhere; under your arm, in the crease under your breast or around your nipple. The surgeon will separate the muscles from your breast tissue and put the implant in this pocket. After careful adjustment, the incision will be closed with stitches and covered with surgical tape and skin adhesive.
After the Procedure:
There will be swelling and soreness for quite some time. Eat good and healthy and take the prescribed medicines so the scar openings can heal faster. It is recommended to use the surgical bra or sports bra for a few weeks. Don’t do any physical job or hard job that will increase your blood pressure.