In recent years; even though not as much as women, it is seen that men also begin to pay attention to their personal care and appearance.
One of the most prominent reasons for this is that men also have the need to have a personal care and a good look to adapt to the rapidly growing modern world. Nowadays, one of the practices that men do about personal care and appearance is hair transplantation. Hair transplantation application is both to regain the lost hair and to gain a different appearance. But there are some things to know about hair transplantation.
How is Hair Transplantation Done?
Hair follicles in the nape area that do not or will not fall for a lifetime are removed with special techniques. Hair follicles taken; they are kept in special solutions. Meanwhile, the cooling process is started in order not to lose the vitality of the hair cells. The most important reason for this application is that the hair follicle cells can maintain their vitality and infection is prevented.
Hair Growth after Hair Transplantation
One of the first questions that pops up on one’s head who is going to have hair transplantation is “When do I start growing hair after hair transplantation?” One wants to grow their hair fast and see the results of the procedure as soon as possible. And the question is “When does hair start growing after hair transplant?” After the hair transplant procedure, when the recovery period ends, hair starts growing. However, it takes up to 1 year for hair to become how the patient wants it to be. This process varies from person to person. This period may be shortened depending on the structure of the hair and environmental factors.
Getting Its Natural Form after Hair Transplantation
In the first 2 weeks after hair transplantation, small wounds in the newly transplanted area heal by scabbing. Transplanted grafts hold and adapt themselves to their new roots. In this process, the transplanted hair may be more shapeless or weak compared to the first period hairs and normal hair that have not yet regained their natural form. To be able to tell when hair starts growing after hair transplantation, we should know the process. Let’s take a look together.
What are the Hair Transplantation Steps?
- First day: hair transplantation is performed.
- Second day: it is the rest day for the hair and no further procedure is applied to hair.
- Third day: The washing process of the hair is carried out and the area where the roots are taken is dressed.
- Special shampoo and lotion given by the clinic are used regularly between the 2nd and 10th
- From the tenth day of the hair transplantation, optional checks can be done by going to the clinic.
- Scab in the areas where hair transplantation is performed can sometimes continue until the 15th day. However, it is not a cause for concern.
- As of the day of hair transplantation, the period of getting used to the hair transplantation process begins.
- During the first month; hair follicles begin to regenerate, and at the end of the first month, the transplanted hair begins to fall out, leaving the correctly transplanted roots behind.
- The shedding process of the transplanted hair continues and it may appear as if no hair was transplanted in the third month. In some people, this process may take less time and all the transplanted hair may fall out at the end of the first month.
- The hair cells of each hair follicle transplanted begin the incubation period under the skin.
- Incubation period is the most important process in hair transplantation. In this period, optional vitamins and PRP treatment can be applied.
- By the 4th month, the incubation period ends. As of this month, the hair follicles begin to get stronger and the transplanted hair grows. However, this process takes place in a certain time. Because in these months, your hair is as thin and delicate as that of a baby.
- The period between the 4th month and the 6th month is the period when the hair follicles are most lively and the hair grows most intensively. At the end of the 6th month, at least 60% of the transplanted hair starts to grow.
- Between the 6th and 12th months, that is exactly 1 year after the hair transplantation, almost all of the transplanted hair starts to grow.